This is a special moment… in the first ever MindThatEgo Podcast, I’m delighted to be joined by a very special guest, Dr. Roger Walsh, Professor of Psychiatry, Philosophy & Anthropology at the University of California, Irvine.
Roger has spent three decades researching wellbeing, combined with deep spiritual practice and self-exploration. Roger’s writing has earned him numerous international awards. His book — Essential Spirituality: The 7 Central Practices — is the topic of this discussion. It’s not an understatement to say this book changed my life, transforming my perspective on the world, inner and outer.
Roger’s transformative work has extensively uncovered useable tools all of us can practice to open us to new ways of living. These tools, thousands of years old yet more relevant than ever, can help uncover our true potential, transforming our inner-universe into an abundant landscape of analysis and learning.
Far from dogmatic religion, this is livable, life-changing, state-enhancing spirituality.
Talking points include:
- What is the true source of happiness?
- How can spirituality prepare us for death?
- The role of psychedelics as a glimpse of our spiritual potential.
- The transformative power of self-awareness.
- The nature of true love.
- The benefits of living ethically.
- Can depression and anxiety be a gateway to spiritual awakening?
- Spiritual practice as a means of connection and oneness.
- Joyfully serving others as enlightened self-interest.
A special thank you to Roger for not only generously giving his time, but also sharing deep personal insights with sensitivity and kindness. This conversation will stay with me for life; I hope it contains value for you too. Enjoy.