OTHER PLACES TO LISTEN:
Please subscribe on your favourite platform!
How do you overcome temptation, build new habits, and behave and express authentically? How do you move from daydreaming to action? How do you change your life?
Most of us view change as all-or-nothing. But this linear approach of success and failure makes it difficult to create lasting change.
In this episode I explore an alternative — the Stages of Change Model of behavioural change. Struggling to stop drinking alcohol? Struggling to go to the gym regularly? Looking to overcome ego-temptation and live from the heart?
Crucially, these stages are cyclical and every-changing. The stages are:
This model is a useful tool to apply to all areas of life. It promotes a balanced, realistic approach to significant change. After all, self-actualisation authenticity require continuous change in all areas of life. But it all begins with small steps.
- The Transtheoretical Model /Stages of Change (Boston University)
- The Six Stages of Change (VeryWellMind)
- MTE’s Mindful Empowerment and Self-Enquiry Group (Facebook)
- Documentary: The Game Changers (vegan fitness, available on Netflix)
- Book: Wellness Coaching for Lasting Lifestyle Change by Michael Arloski
Title music: Monday Morning Wake Up Call by David Birch